A bridge for agrifood trade is an initiative arising in October 2015, when BMTI S.c.p.A. - together with the Italian Ministry of agricultural, food and forestry policies and Unioncamere - presented at EXPO 2015 the prototype of its International Online Market (IOM) during the conference"An online platform for the improvement of the food market access, development and transparency: the International Market of the Italian Online Commodities Exchange". The IOM is an online regulated platform based on the practices of the International trade which facilitates the matching of demand/supply between companies of different countries, ensuring clarity and standardization of the negotiations.
The Minister of agriculture Maurizio Martina in that occasion proposed to share the Italian experience in this field with the institutions of the African and Mediterranean Countries. A bridge of agrifood trade is the implementation of that idea.
The Initiative is commissioned by the Ministry of Agriculture with the objective to:
- promote the knowledge of the IOM among the Mediterranean and Sub-Saharan Countries interested in seizing this opportunity;
- disseminate the best practices of the Italian institutions on the development and transparency of agrifood markets.
The Initiative will be implemented within the end 2016 and expects to carry out activities of information and promotion towards the institutions of targeted Countries. The countries will be selected according to a set of criteria: the interest they showed, the exchanges of agrifood products between Italy and these countries.
- Meeting with the Embassy of Angola, 8th August 2016
- Meeting with the Embassy of Morocco, 5th September 2016
- Presentation of the Project to the Angolan Delegation at the 5th edition of the Blue Sea Land, 6th October 2016
- Meeting with the Commercial Office of the Turkish Embassy, 4th November 2016
- Meeting with the Embassy of Tunisia, 23rd November 2016
- Meeting with the Embassy of Ethiopia, 24th November 2016
- Participation at the "North Africa Business Development Forum" of the Mediterranean Week of Economic Leaders, Barcellona 30th November 2016
- Meeting with the Embassy of Morocco, 14th December 2016